How to measure your X-Seam
The perfect recumbent starts by measuring which bike best fits your body and needs. The following information is provided to help guide on measuring your X-Seam. You can also download this guide here. For more detailed information and to learn how to make the necessary recumbent bicycle adjustments, please refer to your Sun Seeker Owner’s Manual or visit your authorized Sun Seeker bike dealer.
You will need a tape measure and a board that is approximately 30″ to 48” long (an
ironing board will work).
- Place one end of the board on the floor, then put the entire board flush against any wall.
- Pull the bottom of the board 14 to 16” out away from the wall. This should simulate a comfortable reclined
position similar to what you would have when driving a car.
- Pull your butt tightly against the bottom of the board (by holding the board steady in its position with your
hands, while gently scooting your butt against the board).
- Extend your legs straight out (no bending of the knees), and point your toes straight up towards the ceiling. (It will be necessary to remove your shoes for this step.)
- Now take the measurement from the base of the reclined board to the bottom of your shoeless heel.
VIOLA! You now have your “X-Seam” measurement, which will determine if you will fit your desired SUN SEEKER model recumbent.
Hint #1 – You can place a book at the base of your heel before you have straightened out your legs, then once your legs are straight, you can get up and make take the measurement from the board’s base to the point that your heel left the book.
Hint #2 – You may want to repeat the measuring process from start to finish, to ensure that your “X-Seam” measurement is correct, if only for peace of mind.
|EZ-Sport CX & AX||36-45″|
|EZ-Tri Classic SX||32-48″|
|EZ-3 USX HD||36-47″|
|Fat-TAD CXs||37-50 1/2″|
|Out of Production Models||X-Seam|
|X-2 CX & AX||33-47″|
|Tour Easy Sm/Md||36-42″|
|Tour Easy Med Lg/Xlg||41-48″|